Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i did my egr delete fixed my broken injector plug. Took truck out for a test drive to find out that my new 4" downpipe is rubbing the firewall and making all kind of noise. I have been reading on here about "massaging" the firewall. Can ANYONE get a little more specific for me. I looked under the search function but everything that came up was on 7.3L. This is really getting to be a pain the a#$. Is this job easier to do on a lift should i just put my factory down pipe back in. Im at a loss of what to do and the noise is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same horrible vibrations when i first put my downpipe in. Unfortunately your going to need to remove the down pipe. Now when you are looking up from below the truck there is a seam where the two pieces of sheet metal (floor and firewall) come together, it should be right where the insulation ends. What i did was use a small adjustable wrench to bend that seam down so it wasnt sticking straight out, then used a ball peen hammer to smash it flat and push the firewall back towards the cab a little bit. I dont have any contact at all now. I also had to bend my tranny dipstick tube slightly to give some clearance between it and the downpipe. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts