Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this week has been awsome. I was pulling my enclosed cargo trailer last weekend when started climbing a hill I was in overdrive with my manual as I started up the hill. I got mid way up I need to down shift as I steped on the clutch and pulled out of 6th it shifted smooth but as I tried to put in to 5th it wouldn't go. So I double pumped the cluth and despretly tried to find any gear. Nothing was there. I am now moving about 25 miles per hour and it finally slips into 5th as I get to the top of the hill before we go down I tried to blow through the gears to make sure I wouldn't be toast on the on the way down. That when the clutch decided to die.

So now my situation is Family, trailer full of atv's, and the kitchen sink full of camping crap broke down on the side of the road miles from home. The only hope is the ford dealership 35 miles the way we came. So with not enough tools or parts I am stuck.

Well as I suspected the clutch was gone 1,300 bucks for that, but that not the only problem apprently my transmission with 136,543 miles on it the pilot bearing had gone out the main shaft needs to be replaced. The only way to do that is go throgh the transmission.!!! That's only another 1,200 bucks so what can you do.?

The kicker of the whole deal is they said my chip that has been in my truck for 3 weeks that has never been past tow setting or #2 was the reason my clutch died I can vouch that I have never even broke my tires free on wet payment I baby this thing. It took me 2 1/2 years to even get a chip an I did it for the milage.

Any how if any one has had problems like mine or has any advice or just a genral DOH!!!! it would help my moral.

thanks Captian Broke Down:hehe:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
yup ANYTHING happens to your truck, say your door doesnt open correctly the dealership will say "i have to void your warranty that chip is causing the door to be unbalanced" i know not a good example but you get the point. point is they dont know sh*t and love costly repairs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow that sucks man.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks it has been a long week. I just picked up the truck tonight and got it home from 100 mike drive home and it blowing oil every where nice so I had to drop it off at a local dealership for them to look at it. If I only new a stong enough swear word

·
Registered
601 Posts
engine oil, trans fluid, what is it leaking? man that suckssss

·
Registered
97 Posts
It will be that damn chip again for sure!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apperntly the dealership that made the repairs did not clean out the bell housing from there repair so there mess. The delership here was upset becuse when they pulled down the trans and the bellhousing it dump about 2 cups of fluid. I guess this is what happens when you have to have your repairs done on the road.

And it was a stock rebuild with "A heavy duty clutch pack" what ever that means I would think since it is a heavy duty truck it would be a normal clutch for it. But what the hell do I know.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Don't feel bad man... I've been throwin' parts at my truck since the day I got it.... Serpentine belt, clutch linkage came loose thanks to the plastic crown bushing....

uhhh what else
I got a tie-rod end needing some TLC
leaky injector o-rings before I rebuilt them
burnt up UVC harnesses
IPR's acting up right now

As soon as I fix something, I look to see what else is wrong :hehe:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts