Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 6.9l there was a spot on the driver's side to pull coolant. I'm wondering if ther is such a beast on my 7.3l PSD? Looks like there's a bolt that presumably holds the exhaust manifold in place where the coolant is taken from for the heater core on the passenger side. Maybe it's towards the back of the head on a PSD?

I need hot coolant for a heat exchanger. Any one?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
any updates? were you able to find the port? i too heard it was on the back side of the drivers head or something.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I pull the hot coolant for my loop from the pass head right above the exhaust manifold. there is a heater hose that goes from there to the heater core. Tap in there and attach a valve to direct coolant as you wish. Then splice the return into the other side of the heater core.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
any updates?

·
Registered
138 Posts
On my 6.9l there was a spot on the driver's side to pull coolant. I'm wondering if ther is such a beast on my 7.3l PSD? Looks like there's a bolt that presumably holds the exhaust manifold in place where the coolant is taken from for the heater core on the passenger side. Maybe it's towards the back of the head on a PSD?

I need hot coolant for a heat exchanger. Any one?
i have spliced into the return from the heater and that seems to work well
where did you get your check valves for your fuel systems?

·
Registered
138 Posts
stainless braid fuel lines

Haven't had the time, busy doing an upgrade on the F-250 IDI...
did you use stainless steel braided fuel lines for your wvo side and if so where did you get your lines and fittings. also i installed the 203 degree
long neck t-stat from dieselsite and it made a big difference, i recomend it.
also a circulation pump for a mercedes 300d from partsgeek and that works well install on the return side for best operation, supply side to hot, will melt pump plastic.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
did you use stainless steel braided fuel lines for your wvo side and if so where did you get your lines and fittings. also i installed the 203 degree
long neck t-stat from dieselsite and it made a big difference, i recomend it.
also a circulation pump for a mercedes 300d from partsgeek and that works well install on the return side for best operation, supply side to hot, will melt pump plastic.
where did it make a big difference?

also, what did you use for heat supply for the coolant?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts