Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
wants to go 2wd to 4wd
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I've been on this website Ive really not seen to many 2wd trucks...I see a lot of the 4wd sorts so i thought id go ahead after talking to Raul the other day i watched a few of the videos of him pulling people out of sand and well it kind of inspired me being that like alot of people on here we work hard for our money and our trucks i thought id start a little write up on my project as it goes along it will be a lengthy one due to I'm about to join the military. What i am doing is im going to do is convert my 2wd into 4 i really enjoin taking the off road approach but ive gotten stuck twice since ive gotten my truck so having alot of questions for every body on here like maintain and all the guys that can answer my questions i would really appreaciate all the input that you guys could give me. Ok so far ive done a little research at a local junk yard near the town i live in here are a few of the things that i found if you guys can if you know of some body that has what im looking for of if you guys know that you can get a way better deal of maybe want to part with it im doing this on a budget because of me about to join the military im trying to leave my wife with the money to survive while i am gone... well heres what ive found so far.....

Dana 60 front axle out of a 2003 f250.... 450.00
transfer case.. same truck... 400.00
i dont know but i think im gona either get the man. trans out of there i really have missed the man but my wife destroyed our last trans in her car so i dont know if i want that... and also i heard that if i keep my 4r100 that i need to buy a eletronic shifter or something of that sort ummm also to change out my front axle is it going to bee a quick replacement? i'm not doing any of the work i have a friend that owns a garage and he said he could do most of it for me. also what else might i need the drive shafts off that truck the rear is no good its off a long bed so i dont think i can use it.the front is fine the truck was in a roll over accident the engine was not salvageable so Hmm i also dont know what else i should need to get can any of you guys help me? oh and any input would be greatly appreciated.

W

·
0 Posts
i believe you need the tail shaft houseing off the trans to bolt the transfer case to the trans and i also believe you need the longer output shaft for the 4x4 trans (i believe that is the only things you need to do to the trans but i may be wrong)

·
wants to go 2wd to 4wd
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm so i also need longer output shaft Tail shaft housing

·
wants to go 2wd to 4wd
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any thing esle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts