Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make a long story short. My buddies brothers buddy (a mouthful I know..) got stuck in mud up to his bumpers. The truck they were using was a lifted/35"+ 5spd toyota something or other. The toyota wasn't heavy enough so they needed a heavy truck, aka my diesel, to pull them out.

So after a 2-way tug (toyota, me, then the stuck truck), and after pulling that SUNK truck out, I noticed the drivers side front bumper was super low.. and upon looking underneath some bushing was like 3-4" away from the body. So now I'm pissed thinking a bolt was sheared.

Well, after I drove down the hard ball a few miles and went to the spray station to wash my buddies truck, I noticed the frame had closed the gap and the bumper was realigned. What the hell??

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Need pics to make much sense out of this story? Sorry....?

NCH

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
:worthless[1]:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm a little lost with out knowing where your talking about.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I was going to take pics but the truck "self corrected" itself driving down the road.
I'll go take some pics of where it WAS messed up and see what you guys think.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is of the frame where there WAS 3-4" of gap between the frame and the body.. upon driving down the road it fixed itself.

In this picture, that bolt sticking thru the hole was about 3-4" OUT of the hole. Upon driving down the road it fixed itself.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So nobody knows why the frame and body seem to have separated?? I'm kind of worried about this..

·
Registered
747 Posts
i did this on my lift ford explorer with 33''s while 4 wheelin. i sheerd a body mount and the frame shifted from the body. i wasnt to worried and the next time we went 4wheelin i hit a ramp and caught some air and it recorrected itself. thats all i can think of

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it's not really a big deal?

·
Registered
747 Posts
i dont know if its a big deal or not. without detailed pictures i cant say for sure what happend to your truck. my body mount broke and no it wasnt a big deal becuase it was a bush truck ford exploder :doh:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I posted pictures of where exactly it separated, but like I said since driving it, it seems to have corrected itself :\

·
Registered
273 Posts
not a clue...........

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well here are some pics. This has been intermittently been occurring and I'm baffled. I think I broke a body mount???

What my bumper looks like when this occurs:

My frame/body, with the front bumper being to the far left

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt nobody knows what the hell is happening?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow so nobody knows what the hell is happening? This is really pissing me off and I want to fix it. But what is "it"? A body mount or body bolt or something? I've never heard of this happening.

·
Registered
747 Posts
haha man your ridiculous! i think its a body mount, but i dont know cuz your truck isnt sitting in my driveway :doh: either get under there and have a closer look at it, diagnose the problem and then fix it your self or take it to a shop. :thumb:

body mount : ''Body-on-frame is an automobile construction technology. Mounting a separate body to a rigid frame which supports the drivetrain was the original method of building automobiles, and its use continues to this day.''

whatever it is, it dont sound serious.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol I'm ridiculous? lol thanks.

But if you look at the picture I took of the underneath, you can see where the frame and body are separating.. how would you fix this? Where do you buy new bolts or whatever it requires, and how much are they? Can I do this fix in my driveway?

Look at this picture: there is like 2" of gap between the frame and the bed
http://image75.webshots.com/175/7/93/42/2298793420062710188CdmwnT_fs.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts