Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been out of work for 2 months due to a class 3 ruptured ligament in my ankle. The whole 2 month i've been gone they didnt get a single fire. I come back and my 3rd shift back we get one and the other firefighter had taken off and missed it like usual haha. Well when we got there it was an upstairs room that was blazing, we got in there and as we are putting it out we hear popping noises around us and under us. We keep going and get it out and containted to just that one room. After we got the smoke out and started to overhaul we discovered that the room was the guy's gun storage/reloading room. haha that was an uncomfortable feeling.:rofl:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Was on a fully involved house fire a couple weeks ago and from the second story what sounded like loud firecrackers were going off, assumed it was the ammunition in the room. i wonder what kind of shrapnel is produced by that, if its any threat at all?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they pop off I don't think it has enough force to do much damage because it doesn't have anything to contain all that force produced by the powder such as the barrel of a gun. But if there was a round in a gun that went off that's a different story im sure. Either way its still an uncomfortable feeling lol.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Almost the same story as mine, gain access to the house make a push to the second floor and then the damn 4th of July erupted. This guy had Nitro radio controlled 1 gallon jugs on a work bench, gun storage and ammo in a corner of the room, fireworks in another corner of the room and a "bong and other paraphanelia." It was like a mini hobby store in his master bedroom. Very interesting what you walk into sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts