Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 1200 miles on the ticker now and I have a question or two.

1 How often should it regen??? My truck so far it's like every 200 miles wich seams to mutch to me????

Also the Edge Insight CT or CTS gage system work on are trucks?? I have an old monochrome one that will not read to many of the sending units. So if i up grade will the newer ones read it all???

Also How close is the lie-o-meter on yours mine so far on the two tanks has been about 1mpg off dose this get better with time?? Thanks JJ

·
Registered
173 Posts
200 miles is normal if you are towing something it will be higher
Yes the edge insight cts works with our trucks I have one

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
200 miles is normal if you are towing something it will be higher
Yes the edge insight cts works with our trucks I have one
Thanks on the edge I'm thinking about geting one I loved my old one. I haven't towed any thing yet it's been empty no trailer.

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you have the old one, you should be able to upgrade the software and have it read the 6.7L pids. Call Edge and check before you buy a new one.

Rgens will be any where from 50-60 miles to 900 miles depending on what you are doing.

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have the old one, you should be able to upgrade the software and have it read the 6.7L pids. Call Edge and check before you buy a new one.

Rgens will be any where from 50-60 miles to 900 miles depending on what you are doing.
Thanks for the info I'll call edge on monday thanks JJ

·
Registered
36 Posts
PH is correct regarding the upgrade for your Edge monitor. I used mine for my 2006 6.0L. When I got my 2012 6.7L, I contacted Edge to get instruction on how to upgrade, and would recommend you do the same. It really is as simple as hooking up your monitor to your computer, launching the Fusion software client, and letting it download the 6.7L specific software and PIDs. Oh, and remember to hook BOTH USBs to your computer. I forgot to do this, and had some minor issues. All good now.

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I believe when the newest flash came out, the regens became more frequent... Is this correct Painted Horse?

I noticed before I got the new flash my regens were every 200-300 miles, After the flash they are more like every 100-150 miles. Same exact driving habits, conditions, ect...

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I called edge today And there is no update for mine it only works till 2010 6.4 trucks

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sorry about your Edge, That looks a lot different than the Edge Insight CT or CTS I'm used to seeing. Looks more like the old evolution.

Big, I have not noticed more regens since the reflash. Nor has my mileage changed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts