164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few of the coolant filter install

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
intercooler tube held by zipties

Something I wanted to point out is how I vey cheesily held up the intercooler tube with zipties. I did this a few years back prior to the ccv reroute BUT I really belive it had helped with hose blowoff because it holds the tube where it shoube instead of letting it sag and load the hose and clamp in a vunerable position.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
nice job there looks good, do these trucks need these on them what are the benefits of these

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the 6.0 gurus say it's a good thing to keep the crud out of the coolant. I believe if the oil cooler gets plugged from coolant crud then bad stuff will happen. It's a cheap addon and easy to do. And yes redstroker you SHOULD do it just for the hell of it:thumb:. It's a good convesation peice under the hood:woot:.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
so getting this coolant filtration will help your engine run alot better. its like an oil bypass filtration but for coolant.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Some say Ford has left some shavings in engine block and has caused some rust and scaling issues. Just extra security.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The casting sand from when the blocks were manufactured, has a tendencey to work its way into the coolant. The coolant filter is good insurance. I need to get one myself....alas the list never ends.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
interesting post from GrampyJim over on TDS who I consider to be very knowledgeable. I asked Marc if he had a 6 liter would he put a coolant filter on it and he said No. Dammit!

Another poster alluded to adding a coolant filter... possibly in response to dslteks comments... Nothing would be gained since the debris that can cause grief is on the oil side of the oil cooler.... which sits in the reservoir for the HPOP. The only cure for this is if the tech takes the time to carefully inspect the new parts for any manufacturing defects and/or artifacts... Something he SHOULD be doing, anyway. After all, he IS the last step in the quality control process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts