Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate the help provided in my previous post and am still considering buying the 2006 F250 I mentioned. It is a crew cab 4x4 XLT with 47,xxx miles selling for $25,000.
I have the checklist posted by bismic about what to look for when buying a used 6.0. Since I'm not familiar with diesels I am considering having a mechanic look it over... does anyone have a recommendation in the Belleville IL area?
Also, I am thinking about buying an extended warranty. I found 4 yr 48 mile at Fordwarrantys.com for $2,000 to $2,500 depending on picking best or second to best coverage.
Does this sound reasonable? I'm looking for any and all advice as I am finding much info regarding this engine.
Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
!

I'm not familiar with that ext warrenty but deffentaly look into the extended Ford warrenty from the dealer if they are still offering it. It took the factory 5/100 and went to 7/200. It was an excellent program. I talked to several guys that bought it and they said for the most part the warrenty price was negotiable. Like I said though check and see if they still have it. :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts