Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, im getting ready to mod the truck out with some serious mods and i have a few questions. Im going to get the Snow Performance stageiii mpg-max system w/ the cfm+ largemouth, DJ's fuel system along w/ an afe stage II w/ pro guard7 intake. I have the loud whistling 03 turbo and m wanting to put a turbo on the truck that will atleast sound the same as my turbo now. I dont want a turbo that will whistle less. My top pick is the vgt-ss from elite. Im thinking about getting it from Dj's since i live about 10 minutes away from his shop. I like the price of the Industrial Injecton hybrid turbo but have heard that they dont whistle that much. For right now i just want to run the water/meth, sct tuning, intake, fuel system and then a turbo. injectors will come later. Im wanting to know what turbo i should get or look into. I dont want to dump a s**t load of money all on a turbo. Also will i be safe w/ out arp studs or will i need them to run these mods. My truck has 27,000 miles on it. And how much power will i be making with these mods? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
YES you should get the head studs, and the vgt's from elite have the same fins in them as the o3 turbo. I would guess around 450ish. elite told me w/ there tune, stage 2 injectors, vgt ss, and regulated return, plus all my other mods I would be putting down around 530. Oh yeah I have head studs on sale right now. find the post head studs on sale. You will deffinitly want these

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Get the studs and get them done under warranty then you will not have any probs with these mods, Also get that scoop out of your up pipe and weld the hole closed to the cooler. SCT tunes will shut down the valve

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Tell them that it pukes antifreeze when you tow something heavy, and hisses like a tea kittle. Splash a little antifreeze under the hood by the over flow bottle. It worked for me

·
Served Our Country!
196 Posts
I have an Elite VGT-SS turbo, and the whistle sounds incredible! You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
What kind of boost do you have with the VGT-SS?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
you can request the 10 impeller exhaust side wheel with the industrial injection turbo

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I went 5 months with the VGT-SS and my gaskets went out so if you plan on making big power try to get the studs now under warranty..

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
let's not turn this into a "How much boost do you see" thread...

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok well i think im going to try and get the studs done under warranty. Dusty ive seen places sell them for $400.00. Is your deal that you have on them for that? If not ill just get them from a place that sells them for that. And would i get the same amount of horsepower if i got the II hybrid turbo and requested the 10 blades to make it whistle or is the vgt-ss just going to be a better turbo period?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts