Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read a thread on here about the A/C in the super duty trucks not being as cold as they should because the air still blows across the heater core, or something of that nature. Is this true, and if so is there a fix to make it colder? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Never had a problem, But good questions.:popcorn2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Never had mine apart, but they usually have a door that closes one from the other.Might want to check and see if your truck has a air filter in the housing at the passenger side under the dash. If you do it might be clogged.:thumb:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I read the same thread. Can't find it now though!:dunno:

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Make sure you look at your truck first because somewhere along the way they started putting the valve on from the factory. Mine has one stock.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I had that problem with my 02 Ranger. A seal on the door that closes off the heater core was out of place, and the AC never got that cold because hot air was leaking through. Black exterior and interior (FX4), so it was a problem.

Don't know about earlier models, but my 06 F350 definitely has a valve to close off the water supply to the heater core when not in use. I know, because the hose to operate it came loose, and the heater stopped working on a cold day. I was crawling home with my eye glued to the temp gauge thinking that maybe the engine wasn't pumping water, when the heater hose popped off. That led to a very funny story regarding carrying five gallons of water in a gas can in the bed in case it happened again...

I will say that my crew cab F350's AC is no icemaker. It cools the interior, but takes it's sweet time. I believe my Sable wagon has a better AC unit, sure seems to blow a lot more cold air.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
So what year did they start putting that valve on from the factory? I'm assuming my 07 probably has it? Either way... I'm not thrilled with the performance of my a/c. it takes a long time to cool the cabin. the temp of the air coming out of the vents is a bit hotter than I'd like. I had a 94 4runner with R134 (first year of 134) and it was NUTS COLD! I thought our trucks did not have cabin air filters? IS there a way to install one? where would it be? Any info ?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
if it has a cabin air filter i believe they are under the glove box or in that general area.

·
Registered
447 Posts
No cabin air filter on a super duty.On edit: I guess they could have started putting one in on later models but I've always been told that there is not one.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
that's what I've been told. no cabin air filter. Wish it had one. Keeps the evap clean and junk out of the car, like leaves, pollen etc. always a good thing. I like cabin air filters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts