Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got truck back from dealer after they replaced 2 injectors and had the intercooler replaced due to white smoke when damp.
As soon as I pulled off lot started hearing a belt. Looked under motor and saw that the belt for the a/c pump (i think thats what it is) was hanging.
Back to dealership. They said that the pulley had come loose.
Would they need to mess with lower belt or the corresponding pulley to swap intercooler? Defintiley not injectors, right?
They are trying to say they did not touch this and that it will be taken care of with a 100 deductible.
Never heard noise before took it in...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Got truck back from dealer after they replaced 2 injectors and had the intercooler replaced due to white smoke when damp.
As soon as I pulled off lot started hearing a belt. Looked under motor and saw that the belt for the a/c pump (i think thats what it is) was hanging.
Would they need to mess with lower belt or the corresponding pulley to swap intercooler? Defintiley not injectors, right?
They are trying to say they did not touch this and that it will be taken care of with a 100 deductible.
Whats with the deductable? Is that standard? Does the original warrenty always have a deductable? I think its a load of crap...pretty convenient that the belt it loose and squeeling immediately after a trip to the dealer there mr. gales

·
Registered
95 Posts
tell them there is no deductable on 08s and up it is in the owners manual They had deductables on the older trucks 07 and earlier so tell them to phone the head office for info or read the manual!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just curious why you had your injectors replaced. Was it misfiring? Or was it part of the injector replacement TSB?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats with the deductable? Is that standard? Does the original warrenty always have a deductable? I think its a load of crap...pretty convenient that the belt it loose and squeeling immediately after a trip to the dealer there mr. gales
They want $100 USD. I got away from the deductible on the injectors and intercooler because it was covered by emissions.

tell them there is no deductable on 08s and up it is in the owners manual They had deductables on the older trucks 07 and earlier so tell them to phone the head office for info or read the manual!
I thought that was only for emissions equipment. I can't find info on my warranty. Are you talking about the owner's manual?

Just curious why you had your injectors replaced. Was it misfiring? Or was it part of the injector replacement TSB?
They caught the injectors becasue of fuel in oil. They never went into anything other than "2 bad injectos." I guess I should have asked....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you going to take the "Chico" out of your location(s)??? Live in the now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts