Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F-250 XLT CCLB 4X4 with automatic transmission. My A/c last year started blowing out the defroster all the time. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the vacuum pump. A couple of weeks ago, I bogged down in some river gravel and put my four wheel drive into gear with the hubs and switch. Immediately my A/C went to my defroster and wouldn't switch until I turned it to vent and waited for it to blow through the vents. Then I put it on A/C and it stayed. Now every time I start it, it blows through the defroster until I put it on vent and wait. It's been 105 all week and after working outside all day, I want the A/C to work. I don't get near the air velocity that I did have and some of the air is getting stuck between the defroster and vents. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I just went out of extended warranty. Thank you :dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine does similar things when i start truck it blows defrost for like a minute or so then to my vents. If i use 4wd and the hubs lock it does it longer for a while . I think my hub seals are starting to leak so it takes some pressure away from the air ducks causing this to happen. Yours could be a similar problem.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My hubs are back to auto and I still have this problem. I think it is a control issue as today it didn't blow real cold for a while and then it did. I will research the manuals as I haven't had much help here. Maybe the other forum will help????

·
Registered
38 Posts
If your hub seals leak then it effects your vacume presure. Also another great forum is Ford TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS great bunch of people there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts