Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks-- read a bunch of threads on this but nothing appears to be on point. Hoping someone can help.

I have a 2009 E450 shuttle bus. I've done a fair amount of searching and it seems to be a vacuum issue. Most of the youtube videos on the quick fix involve 2 vacuum lines joined right by the oil fill--one being black and one being red. Well I have 2 vacuum lines joining in that same place but both are black. One seems to go over to the driver side then joined with a larger hose going down to what I presume is a vacuum pump.

When the vehicle is running it does not appear to be pulling a vacuum. I've tried the thumb test, wet thumb test, etc. and nothing.

So I'm trying to figure out if there's a fuse for this vacuum pump. There's no 4wd so no ESOF fuses that I can tell. I've poured over the 2 fuse panels and the corresponding charts and can't figure for the life of me what fuse to check but I presume it's powered by a fuse.

Is there a simple fix for this? Is there a fuse or relay I should check? Is there a simple fix? Do I need to replace the vacuum pump (doesn't seem easy to reach!)

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither fuse panel on my E-450 has that same configuration..... On this one you posted--which fuse controls the vacuum pump? I'm not seeing it.

·
Administrator
29,323 Posts
thats all I got it read in the link i gave you that fuse 27 is the pump
so see if you have that same ign switch run feed ( seems like more than a pump would not work if that was blown)

or pull the plug on the pump and test

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. It's a mechanical pump. No fuse. This pump ONLY runs the HVAC. And it's a beast to get to..... parts/labor close to $1,000. Ugh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts