Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2001 Ford F-350 and for the past 5 years I’ve had the same issues with the A/C but lately it’s gotten worse. At first it will blow ice cold air then about 4-5min later it will get humid in the vehicle if the windows are up and start getting hot till it gives out. Now sometimes if I stomp on it when it starts doing this it will stop it and keep it running cold. Any ideas on what it could be? Summer is back in Las Vegas and I would really like cold air this year.

·
Registered
8,473 Posts
A couple of things could be happening.

-spacer needed/removed on AC Clutch
-drain,purge, leak test and seal/recharge
-power time ac controls behind dash
There is a couple other things but my mind if kind of shot today. When my AC started acting up it was a issue with the controls behind the dash. I’m not a super good ac/heat guy so more experienced folks will chime in soon.

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
When it is acting up, look at the center of the AC clutch -- is it rotating?
With key on and engine off -- does the vacuum pump stop running in 30 seconds or so? and stay off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple of things could be happening.

-spacer needed/removed on AC Clutch
-drain,purge, leak test and seal/recharge
-power time ac controls behind dash
There is a couple other things but my mind if kind of shot today. When my AC started acting up it was a issue with the controls behind the dash. I’m not a super good ac/heat guy so more experienced folks will chime in soon.
It came down to the AC clutch so I just ended up getting a new compressor and clutch since they were the original. Thank you for the suggestions and help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it is acting up, look at the center of the AC clutch -- is it rotating?
With key on and engine off -- does the vacuum pump stop running in 30 seconds or so? and stay off?
It wasn’t rotating so we replaced the clutch and compressor and it’s running great! Thank you for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts