Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i turn the ac on say norm ac blower on high when i flip to max it is supose to resurculate the inside air correct and the blower should pick up speed ? (everything else i have ever owned would the speed the blower blows does not change when you go to max just stays the same. any ideas:dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
when i turn the ac on say norm ac blower on high when i flip to max it is supose to resurculate the inside air correct and the blower should pick up speed ? (everything else i have ever owned would the speed the blower blows does not change when you go to max just stays the same. any ideas:dunno:
I had it happen to a couple times. The resistor block for the different speeds went bad. When I took it out heater plenium it was burnt-up. Another time it burnt the connection point to the wire wound resistor-up (but I was getting a burning smell inside the cab). My older Chevies would burn up the heater switch. If you locate the resistor block you can test lite or a 12 volt meter. Just disconnect plug and probe in the different connection points on the wire harness and the lite or reading should change when fan switch rotated. I've not worked on my fan switch on my 2000 f350. Hope it helps?:dunno:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
The speed doesnt change, the direction of airflow does so it sounds faster. might just be differant for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correct the blower changer speed just like it should it just don't seem to pick up that extra boost when you turn it to max. like it don't change something so it will recirculate were would this say diverter door be located so i can take a look?:dunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only thing "Max" seems to do on mine is change the A/C from pulling in outside air to inside air. The fan does not get any faster but it does get louder with the inside air intake open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts