Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day when I turn my A/C on to Max A/C the blower is making a louder then normal noise.
Today it was so loud I had to swith to Normal A/C and the noise went away. Never had a A/C problem before. I assume the blower motor might be going out and needs to be changed. If you all agree do you know where it is and is it a pain to change?

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yeah, I think you may be on the right track, it sounds like it could be your blower bearings going. It's mounted right in the passenger side airbox, in the engine bay. I have never had to change one out so I don't know how much of a pita it is. It dosen't look too difficult to get to though. :bump:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. I am going to get a repair manual today and look it all up.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I'm not too sure it is the blower motor. Could be something (trash, pen, paper etc..) that got stuck in the vents. switching from normal ac to max ac shouldnt increase the blower speed. I only closes the door for outside vent air...

I could be wrong though :dunno:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mr John Wayne is correct. All MAX does is recirculate the air inside the cab. Normal brings in fresh air.

If you are driving with your windows up and on Normal then your blower motor sounds quieter because the prssure in the cab. When you switch to MAX then the motor sounds to speed up cause there is no more pressure to overcome.

Check your vents and the filter that is on the passenger side. If there is junk up in there then you will get more noise.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. Thanks guys. I will check that in the morning.

I did not know there was a filter. You say it's on the passenger side? I will look for it. What am I looking for, is it under the glove box?

Once again lanks for the help...

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts