Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just put a lift on our truck as some of u know, the lift is on but one of the rims didnt fit:doh: so i dont have any pics. So now with the questions i need a tuner to correct the speedo, i was going to go with the truspeed which is 200$ However i cant see spending that much when i can get SCT which will do the same thing plus more power. Is this true does the SCT correct tire size?? :dunno:Next question who has the best 6.0 Custom tunes between Elite, Innovative, And Dj's Any imput would be greatly appericated. Sorry about the long thread.

THANKS QUINN

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
At one time we sold Innovative and Elite custom tunes. Elite makes good tunes, but there customer service left much to be desired. We have sold Innovative tunes for years now, and love them.

The SCT will not correct your speedo, but it will correct the speed for the transmision.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
i had dj's and now innovatives. love innovatives tunes. tranny shifts are very firm. dont think it will correct your speedo tho. i believe you can have it recalibrated from the dealer. i could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Patrick, will the x3 correct the speedo?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i thought well looks like ill be going with innovative SCT says that it does correct the rpms of the tires i think, I just dont see spending 200 for a truspeed is there any thing else out there that corrects the speedo. Just keep sending replies

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went and asked the dealer what size the do up to the said we cant correct the speedo

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
how big of tires you talkin bout goin? if its only 35's your speedo wont be off that much

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I run the insanity tune from elite, It is a very nice tune, tranny shifts ausome and power delivery is very smooth. I don't know about their customer service but I know I called and had my custom tunes within a few hours. Also any upgrade you do to to your truck they will update the tune for free.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eight in lich 37s toyos

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
eight in lich 37s toyos
sweet that things gonna look big. be sure to post pics. i guess the only cheap way would be truspeed. i had a friend who had one on his ranger and said it never worked right. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The truspeed never worked right

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What the truspeed never worked right? Is it also true you can get a tune with a jake break now that would be cool????

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Patrick, will the x3 correct the speedo?
No David, the X3 does not correct the speedo either. There is another product besides the truspeed that corrects the speedo it is called the speedwizard. I'll see if I can find the link, I have been meaning to pick one up but I keep finding other "toys" that I just have to have.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok i need more imput i narrowed it down between innovative and DJ's now who has the best tunes for the 6.0 im leaning more with innovative. so anyone running DJ's throw me some imput thanks

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I have tunes from DJ. Haven't ried my tow tune yet but I have run both the street tune and the looney. I am happy with both of them. The looney is a great highway tune. Curl your toes and you're gone. I want to try Erics tunes from Innovative too. I have heard of more issues with Innovative tunes having caused some puking issues but that is second hand and not from experience. I have heard enough good things about Erics tunes though that I want to try some myself. I don't think you will be unhappy with either.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the imput but if innovative cant do the jake break im going with dj do u know if u buy the tuners from either of the companies if the custom tunes come free?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts