Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I am looking at trading a guy my truck for his and his is a 99 PSD.. now my question is the door jamb says date 01/99 now is this good or bad... I have a 2002 PSD now and i just dont want to be "downgrading" per say.. his is 4wd and mine is 2wd thats the reason for swap.. both ahve about the same miles... what do you guys think????

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
01/99 is the late 99 motor. But it has the e99 suspension. Couple of differences. The big one is they have square u-bolts up front instead of the rounds ones. The late 99 motor has the same injectors as stuff as your 02 except it has forged rods.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and another question... I came home today to a leak under my 02. It is clear and seems to be coming out of the transmission dust plate or whatever you want to call it some folks say inspection cover, there is a small hole on the bottom i guess for stuff to drain out of.. It has no smell so I am confused.. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
the 99 has forged? or the 02? I just want to make sure the 6 position TS chip and all will work..
The 99 has forged. 02 has PMRs. The chip will have to get reburned for a different PCM code

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd say the forged ones

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Forged is better. PMRs are only used up to 400-425hp. But there has been a few who drive a dd pmr truck over that.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Can you get a picture? I have a manual so I don't know what you're talking about lol

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
If it is clear, like water and has no smell, it is water, moisture build up that has drained out. If it smells sweet it is radiator fluid and you might have a frost plug starting to leak or something else. the Smell will tell all whether tranny fluid water diesel radiator fluid etc. there really is nothing on the truck that is a clear fluid except the brake fluid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts