Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to let you guys know about what just happened about two hours ago. Me and a couple of friends were hanging out at a local mudding hole. When we hear two cummins coming around the hills. Soon enough they pull up and I noticed one of the dodges right away.

He started talkin s*** about my truck, I told him lets run em. He laughed and said he's got 650hp and 1100 ft/lbs. So I look under the hood and that thing had a lot of work in it. Including twins!!!

He says I'll run you in 2wd and you can be in 4wd. So I said okay!

When we take off he starts spinning the tires everywhere, and when I got into overdrive he was still about 5 truck lengths behind.

The guy was pissed off, and said lets run in 4wd vs 4wd, and if I win, he'll give me a $100, and if I lose, I owe him nothing. So I thought, why not.

When we get to the line, he instantly starts spooling up the turbo's, the girls hands drop. All the sudden I leave him in my smoke. I stop by the time I get in drive, and turn around. Turns out he shattered the internals of his ats transmission!!! After we get a tow truck rounded up, he hands me $100, and was seriously pissed. I told him BUILT FORD TOUGH and left...

That's two wins for the Early 99 Powerstroke.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Very NICE kill!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm going to say that's 3 kills

2 Cummins, and his wallet!! Hahaha, great job.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Thats a great way to get some fuel money!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well that was a solid win...but either that guy did not know what was done to his truck or did not know how to drive :doh:...With 650hp a good driver would be able to woop a lot of trucks...but I guess you got the best of him that day.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nice kill man :thumb:

·
Registered
804 Posts
nice kill bro! :rofl:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Awesome kill man. I bet he felt like a douche gettin' beat the first time, then burnin' his tranny the second!

Awesome job!
:thumb:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I talked to a friend that knows the guy with the cummins. It was his imput shaft. ATS will not warranty it. They say he was jamming his gears from forward to reverse!!! He has to pay everything. They didn't believe him he was just drag racing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
If he's got the money for twins, he's got the money for a trans :haha:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Buy some victory cigars!

·
Registered
75 Posts
thats one guy that dont know much 650hp and 1100ft lb tc the #s dont match he dont have that hp with only 1100 lb tc and i give ya props your must drive alot smarter then him:thumb:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats one guy that dont know much 650hp and 1100ft lb tc the #s dont match he dont have that hp with only 1100 lb tc and i give ya props your must drive alot smarter then him:thumb:
It's not cause I drive smarter...

Its cause I have a :icon_ford:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
IIt was his imput shaft. ATS will not warranty it. They say he was jamming his gears from forward to reverse!!! He has to pay everything.
This should be the lesson of the day.

For us Ford guys BTS/John Woods > ATS

For Dodge guys Georend > ATS

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I talked to a friend that knows the guy with the cummins. It was his imput shaft. ATS will not warranty it. They say he was jamming his gears from forward to reverse!!! He has to pay everything. They didn't believe him he was just drag racing.
That's ATS for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts