Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there is alot of topics on this, but i am stumped as where to start, if i let the truck sit for a day or to the hpop bleeds almost all the oil down, and if i fill it up through the plug it fires right up! i am just wondering if i should take it in or start with the basics, injector o rings, the liitle check valve down in the valley or what? any help would be great !!

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will fire it up eventually but it usually takes 3-5 times cranking it until it will start then it runs rough for a few seconds then it will run fine

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
I have taken the check ball and valve out of the engine valley without taking the hpop out. If there's no engine oil in the valley, I'd start there. Make sure nothing is caught in the ball area that won't let it seal against the block. Don't drop the spring......you will need a good universal joint and some extensions.....its the size of a 3/8 drive ratchet.

If that's not your problem, you could have a leak from the resivior....in that case, you will have to remove fuel bowl and top of the resivior to see....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is zero oil leak and zero fuel leak!!!!!!! do i need to order the check valve from ford or just pull it out and clean it?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Fuel leak is not an issue with this.

You can take it put and clean it and to look at condition. You will have to order one form ford. Its a three part assembly. Ball, spring, and the plug thing that screws into the block

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
there is zero oil leak and zero fuel leak!!!!!!! do i need to order the check valve from ford or just pull it out and clean it?
I get what you mean on fuel leak. I'm talking about internal leak from the hpop resivior. It can leak back down into the block.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys! i think i will start with the check valve, is there anything i should be looking for when i pull it out to check if its bad?

thanks

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Just see if there is an obstruction in the spring area, or the ball is corroded or dirty

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello,

I got the same problem with my 02 right now its hpop res drains off over night. I have to fill the res up then crank on it to get it to start. So I don't see a check valve in the res or in the stem pipe.but i did see some metal in the screen at the bottom of the hpop res. So I need some help lol please :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem with mine the the hpop resivor was leaking down over night. And it was blown out o-rings on injector 6 and 8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts