Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 F250 that I bought a while back.

The fun began when i got into my truck one morning and the blowermotor was going like crazy, the dome light was glowing, heard a sisseling sound form the fusebox etc. etc. Noticed the floor carpet was wet and located a leak in the windshield seal. Got the truck dried out and after taking all the contacts i could find under the dash apart and stuck back together it all seemed ok. :tmi:

Got out the other day and saw that my father had backed the truck out which once again had gotten soaked inside.(could have had a goldfish colony in the glovebox)...

Now the blower motor will run on accations, the airbag light SHUTS OFF when this occurs but stays light at all other times. The clock on the radio won´t be light when the truck is sitting. (shut of)

After my best efforts i have not yet gotten the truck to behave after this. Any suggestions? :please:

The truck has got new batteries, the alternator is charging properly and there is nothing wrong with the blowermotor mechanicly. Booked time for a new windshield to be put in.

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

I pulled the fusebox and took it apart. And as expected I found evidence that the box had functioned as an aquarium. Most of it were still in good condition and just needed some attention, though one pin had to be replaced since it was badly corroded. Took some time (about 5 hours) of cleaning (mostly citric asid and scotch bright) and soldering.

Runs like a champ now!

She will live to tow another day!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts