Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, one of my fleet trucks has been throwing me for a loop, no wipers whatsoever... check all fuses relays, bench tested the wiper motor...I don't know where to go now. I heard of a wiper motor governor, but can't find it? Any suggestions would be helpful. Any bumps would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
I would look at your GEM it controls a bunch with accessories. In theory it would throw a code and cause other issues but if you did everything you did the GEM or a dead short would be my next steps. Also not all scanners pull GEM codes. I learned that when using Forscan on my laptop. I had an airbag sensor code in the GEM section and then the overboost code in the ECM that I was working with.

ITs under the drivers fender. Loosen the plastic liner and you'll see a box with a huge wire connector and i thought it was screws holding the box on. When you shake it you may hear water. You may be able to drain it and clean it but if the circuits have a bunch of corrosion it may just get worse.

·
Registered
98 Posts
make sure your wiper multifunction switch on the column is plugged in all the way and if it is make sure there are no pins pulled out of the connector. I have seen the connector unplugged from the switch just from the action of tilt column (if it has tilt).

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
GEM should be on the back of the fuse box , it controls the wipers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
make sure your wiper multifunction switch on the column is plugged in all the way and if it is make sure there are no pins pulled out of the connector. I have seen the connector unplugged from the switch just from the action of tilt column (if it has tilt).
I looked and double checked that this morning. Everything's good there

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
GEM should be on the back of the fuse box , it controls the wipers
Oh man thank you. I was confusing it with the IDM lol. I did not have any coffee this morning and its starting to show.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would look at your GEM it controls a bunch with accessories. In theory it would throw a code and cause other issues but if you did everything you did the GEM or a dead short would be my next steps. Also not all scanners pull GEM codes. I learned that when using Forscan on my laptop. I had an airbag sensor code in the GEM section and then the overboost code in the ECM that I was working with.

ITs under the drivers fender. Loosen the plastic liner and you'll see a box with a huge wire connector and i thought it was screws holding the box on. When you shake it you may hear water. You may be able to drain it and clean it but if the circuits have a bunch of corrosion it may just get worse.
Looking into it right now. Thank you for the help

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Here is a vid that shows the GEM

Take this however you want, I did not know there was a diag mode for the GEM
@bismic @ZMANN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a vid that shows the GEM

Take this however you want, I did not know there was a diag mode for the GEM
@bismic @ZMANN

Freaking awesome!! I got my gem out..it's water damaged ..I'm trying to find a good place online to get a new one..without having to re program it. Any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts