Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my truck as i left from work my truck started hard i finally got it fired up. drove it down the road a mile and it completely died on me. when i tried to start my truck all it did was turn over so i figured there was ice in the filter. before i checked my filter i decided to check fuses...BINGO i blew fuse #31 30A it controls the wastegate solenoid, injector module driver relay and fuel heater. i replaced it with another 30A and it blew when i turned the key on, so i replaced it again and ,y truck fired right up. as i was driving home my headlights were flickering, the insrtument panel was flickering along with my radio lights. also the idiot lights ie... wait to start, battery, oil light etc would turn on and then off again. then stopped, about half way home only my radio lights and headlights were flickering. i call a ford enthusiast friend of mine who runs a 12-valve in his '02. he said he had no idea what it could be, and that he had never heard of anything like that happening. so i figured i would turn to the forum...ya'll have helped me in the past and i was hoping someone could shed some kind of light on the subject...any any help at all would be much appreciated...this truck is my daily driver.

·
Registered
138 Posts
start with the circuits that blew first and trace all your wires sounds like a bad ground to me . when your checked the wires dont just look for problem, feel, some times the wires will corrode inside of the coating , good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
im thinkin fuel heater shorting out, and the gauges flickering and dash going crazy happened to me a couple off weeks ago it was a blown alternator regulator sending to much current through everything it made my battery acid bubble up slapped on a new alternator and it solved the problem
hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again ya'll, i got in my truck today after coming home from work. I tried to start the truck but no dice. checked batteries...main was 12.62v aux was 10.26v. i turned on my headlights nothing when i turned the headlights of i noticed all my interior lights were flickering in the same sucession a blinker would i also noticed acid around both oozin out of the negative terminals on both batteries. the weird part was it was oozin/pumpin in succession with the lights flickerin. the negative cable was wresting against a piece of flat metal above the headlight housing. i noticed a rub spot on it, when i moved the cable away from the metal eveything quit oozin and blinking...the only thing i can think of is to clean the posts and connectors grease them up and start my truck to see if i am getting a bad voltage reading from it above 14v...any other ideas would be much appreciated my friends...Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts