Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody this is my first post. I will be buying either a 7.3 or 6.0 before weeks end so I will be spending a lot of time on these forums soon. I found what I think to be a steal but want the feedback from the community. A mechanically sound truck, 188k miles, 4x4, no oil leaks and body is in good shape. It’s an estate sale so it’s only listed at $4k but the frame has some rust issues. Mostly the rails that go side to side under the bed. My budget was about $8k so I will have $4k+ for repairs.. should I buy? Thanks!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Plant Wood Bedrock Trunk Formation

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
That’s what I was thinking. I can put 4-5k into it and make it worth a 12k+ truck in no time

thanks man.
Any recommendations to check/ repair first and foremost.
Have you checked with the Estate rep for availability? Sometimes the "good stuff" has already been spoken for and isn't public knowledge. May want to get some earnest dollars down after you're sure on pulling the trigger for the purchase. That is, if the estate is willing and able to go that route...

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
VISUALLY IT LOOKS GOOD.....THE RUST LOOKS TO BE MINOR.....IF THERE ARE NO MECHANICAL ISSUES I WOULD BUY IT AT THAT PRICE.....

DID YOU DRIVE THE TRUCK?....IF SO.....HOW DOES IT DRIVE / FEEL?....HOW DOES IT RUN / IDLE?....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts