Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused::dunno:i just replaced the glow plug relay in 99 7.3L powerstroke,now i have code 1395 coming up,i know this code means "glow plug monitor fault bank No 1.",is the monitor a sensor of some type or what is it exactly and where can i find it and how do i fix it,a thanks in advance for anyone who replies.also i recently replaced the CPS which fixed my prior problem.oh another thing,lol,does anyone know how i can get rid of that damn ding ding ding noise that comes on when ever you put the key into pre ingnition,u know when u have to wait for the glow plug light before you actually start it,i already disabled the one that comes on when the keys are in ignition and you open the door.that damn ding ding ding does my f**#ing head in.thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why did you replace relay? The code says that the relay is not powering up one or all of the glow plugs on bank 1. since you did not have this code till you replaced the relay i would say that its not the relay(if it were it would set codes for both banks) or the glow plugs(problem would have been there before. unless its a freek thing). more then likely its the connection at the relay to bank 1. Make sure they are clean and tight. about the chim---not sure where it is. Just lsten for it under dash while its going off and try to hunt it down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts