Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am having a issue with my 99 7.3 automatic. It recently has been having a high idle when its in drive. It does this about 50% of the time when I drive, and as soon as I throw it in park, the idle returns to normal. It also will sometimes have a rough idle and will die randomly only when I'm at a stop light in drive.

I recently replaced the fuel pedal assembly thinking it might have been it, and it fixed it for about a day, then all of the sudden it cam back. I'm stumped. Any ideas on what to do next?

On another note, when cold or in cold weather, after giving it heavy acceleration and suddenly letting of the fuel pedal, the rpm's drop and it will lope a few times before it picks itself back up and will go again.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone knows more than I do.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi guys,
I am having a issue with my 99 7.3 automatic. It recently has been having a high idle when its in drive. It does this about 50% of the time when I drive, and as soon as I throw it in park, the idle returns to normal. It also will sometimes have a rough idle and will die randomly only when I'm at a stop light in drive.

I recently replaced the fuel pedal assembly thinking it might have been it, and it fixed it for about a day, then all of the sudden it cam back. I'm stumped. Any ideas on what to do next?

On another note, when cold or in cold weather, after giving it heavy acceleration and suddenly letting of the fuel pedal, the rpm's drop and it will lope a few times before it picks itself back up and will go again.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone knows more than I do.
Google Ford superduty diagnostics on the cheap. You'll need to get forscan setup to retrieve data. Otherwise you're throwing parts which gets expensive real quick

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.