Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 1999 7.3 that he pulls his 5th wheel camper with. It has recently started losing oil, but there are no leaks to be found and the exhaust is clean. He has taken it to a local diesel mechanic, a very well known, good one, and it has him stumped so far.
They serviced it, checked a few things and he told dad to take it on a short run so he went 100 miles and it lost 3 qts of oil.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no oil anywhere.

exhaust has no color. His 5th wheel camper is white, I would think it would be getting dirty around the exhaust, but its not.

He's always been meticulous about checking oil in everything, as most farmers are. He said it never used any oil between changes and then all of a sudden it started to.

·
WNY Biodiesel Co-op
915 Posts
Injector o rings , I lost 2 gals in 100 miles.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
im going with injector orings as well..... its a diesel.. it'll run on oil easy lol.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
check the fuel filter for oil. If it has black sludge, you need a injector ring job

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Yeah if theirs oil in the bottom of the filter bowl when you take the filter out then you need o-rings, or at least thats what I'm told. And it wont make blue smoke because its atomized and burns clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts