Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 99 F 350 with 330000 on it new injectors new fuel pump pulled the sending unit and cleaned the 2 screens that are in the sending unit but still have fuel pressure at 30 psi. Wondering if the IPR could cause the issue of no power

·
Premium Member
8,409 Posts
Where and How are you measuring your Fuel Pressure? (30psi it too low, we want 45-65). Is this a Static pressure or driving under load?

Good Vid ->

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Testing it at the pre filter port in the filter housing. It stays at 30 psi loaded or just idling

·
Premium Member
8,409 Posts
So again, 30's low...

You know you have a FPR (fuel pressure regulator) at the Housing, where the return line exits. Maybe something there is the problem? (take it apart and have a look at the spring & pintle for something obvious that might allow fuel to bypass and kill your pressure)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do I changed the IPR truck came back to life runs great but still concerned about the fuel pressure got it up to 40 psi once that was changed, the spec on the pump says it will only create 43 psi so if it has the slightest of leak of any kind. But I will look at the FPR.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What fuel pump are you using or did you install ??? 43 psi is way to low for a fuel pump for the 7.3L, the OEM Bosch pump is gonna get 60 psi or more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the Delphi pump, even the bosch pump is only rated at 43 psi that is what is my concern

1 - 7 of 7 Posts