Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found a 99 regular cab lariat 250 7.3 6 speed 4x4 that im trying to make a deal on. I think its an early 99 (badges on front fender, intake says intercooler on it), and i was wondering, is the early 99 a bad thing? I mean they have forged rods so can the different hpop injectors turbo and intake be bolted up with the same aftermarket stuff that would go on the later 7.3's or does none of that interchange? And could one( not that i would want to) bolt all the stock stuff off of a later 7.3 on an early one? Is there any restrictions on the computer that would be affected by tuning? I really like the truck but if parts are hard to find and completely different in the aftermarket world then am i better off waiting for something else? BTW its a 1 owner with 59,000 miles.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have an e99 w/ 218k would buy another in a heartbeat great trucks! My badges are on the door what is the build date?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of the build date because i forgot to look but i assumed that it was because of the clues.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
My red truck is an early '99, if you get a good deal on it, it's compairable to the later trucks, only minor diffrences...

check the early '99 section, it has a good run down of what is diffrent between the two...

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Minor differences... check the build date to be positive though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts