Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start out my truck has a FabTech 6" left kit on it now.

I looking for a way to get the front down about 2" or so to 3.5" to 4" of lift. Been looking for springs for ever, I go to SEMA every year for work so I have time to ask all the Manufactures and no one seems to have ever made a 4" kit for 2WD.

Will 4WD springs mount in a 2WD?

Can I put 6" Gas springs in the front and will they live with the extra weight?

Open for ideas. I have thought about cutting the front springs - the issue is bending them after cutting them so they will lock and mount on the truck after.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok guys. I have a 99 f350 extended cab short bed with a 7.3. I bout it with stock. I put a t's 6 pos, Spectre intake and custom straight pipe. I want to put a lift on the old girl but I'm having trouble figuring out what to put on her. My buddy from michigan suggested hockey pucks under the leaf springs on the axel. ( I know that sounds effing retarded) I am on the budget range for around 250 at most. I have 12 inch long u bolt in the front so plenty of room for more leafs but I wanted to see what y'all would suggest. I would start a new thread but I am fresh meat and don't have the ability to start one yet. Help me out guys cus I really hat the nose dive look and I don't wanna put hokey pucks under my leafs hahahaha. My gf thinks the truck is already sexy as hell but an added lift will make her marry me hahaha.... Hopefully

1 - 5 of 5 Posts