Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,I’ve been planning on doing a front suspension swap on my 1999.5 f250 to the coil suspension from 05+ superdutys, I found a whole front end off a 2008 truck for $300 and bought it,after research I realized a few parts won’t possibly work with the swap to my truck and had a few questions if anyone’s done this before with a 08 front end, questions are - will the 2008 coil buckets work on 99 chassis? or do I need to get the 05-07 buckets?, will the sway bar/links from the 08 work on my chassis? What do I need to get the 99 pitman arm to fit (temporary)?,and are any of the parts I listed below incompatible with the 99 chassis swap? I’ll list everything I have for the swap here

-08 front axle/diff
-08 radius arms
-08 radius arm brackets
-08 coil buckets
-05-07 track bar bracket
-08 track bar
-08 tie rods /drag links ,also have 05-07
-05-07 coils & bilstien shocks & level kit
-05+ RC dual steering stabilizers
-05-07 &08 calipers
-05-07 brake hoses and fittings

any help would be appreciated Thank you!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just finished my 99 2wd to 08 F350 front axle swap.

My thoughts when I was done, are the last post.

I have been told 2005 frame spring buckets match our frame better.

I went with SuperLift radius arms for more ground clearance behind the front axle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have heard that you can ream out the pitman arm for the 2008 rod end. I did the same sort of thing back in 75 on my 50 dodge truck. Just have to find the correct taper ream, but they are very costly. I would save up and just do the end fix now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished my 99 2wd to 08 F350 front axle swap.

My thoughts when I was done, are the last post.

I have been told 2005 frame spring buckets match our frame better.

I went with SuperLift radius arms for more ground clearance behind the front axle.
I see what looks like you reused the 08 coil/shock buckets/bracket, did you grind down the back side of it since there’s a factory dent in it which won’t make it sit flush On the frame ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard that you can ream out the pitman arm for the 2008 rod end. I did the same sort of thing back in 75 on my 50 dodge truck. Just have to find the correct taper ream, but they are very costly. I would save up and just do the end fix now.
yeah that’s what I heard,im just not sure what size id need, I read somewhere of size 121 just wanted someone to confirm which one was required, and I’d def like to do it the right way with the 05-07 steering box and pitman arm just figured I’d get a lil more use out of my box since it’s only a year old and save a lil money for now

·
Registered
247 Posts
I used a hole saw and cut it off and then finished with a grinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts