Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken the plastic part of their front bumper? I'm looking to take off the valence and the plastic part above that (goes around the tow hooks). Just wanted to know if there is anything to it ... and what it looks like.

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah i have a 99 f-450 that came with a black bumper and i switched it out for a chrome one i got it used and it didn't come with the plastic on it ..... thought it looked pretty bad *** so i left it off lot more chrome showing !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the front end would you ?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
You are just left with the little holes in the bumper where the plastic clips in...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have pictures of taking the lower bumper (valence) off? It looks like there are a lot of bolts that need to be taken off, just to take off one little plastic piece.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Mine are linex'd but I have both pieces of plastic removed in the 1st picture and the clip holes covered. I put the valence back on because without it you can see the crash bar

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen guys with the valence off and no crash bar visible ... so what are they doin' ? :dunno:

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
the work trucks came without the valence, under ours is a ton of little holes

id check ebay for a work truck bumper

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, technically I could just cut the valence a little bit on the side and try to make it a little more "clean" looking ... any one with pictures of that ?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I've seen guys with the valence off and no crash bar visible ... so what are they doin' ? :dunno:
Maybe Im using the wrong term:doh:. Is the valence the plastic that does around the tow hooks or the piece that runs along the very bottom of the bumper?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The piece that runs along the very bottom of the bumper

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
The piece that runs along the very bottom of the bumper
Well I dont know how they are doing it. They must be removing the crash bar because I wanted to leave mine off but it was showing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
When I bought my truck I noticed it was missing the valence. Upon a closer look it is also missing the crash bar, leaving parts exposed.

It is not hard to remove the valence but as stated in an above post the crash bar would be visible. My friend kept smashing his valence while 4x4'ing so he just ripped it off. I think its just plastic clips that hold it in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really want to rip that sucker off there too. Just wanted to see if it was going to be a pain to get it done.

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
FYI, I found it MUCH easier to take it off with the bumper off. there are 4 screws & 17 clips to push thru...........:thumb: I used a pair of pliers to squeeze them together......

what did u use to fill the holes on the bumper?? I didn't want to put the valance back on, but did cuz of the holes. I like the all chrome better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts