Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
We have decided to update the ORG banner to have a truck from every body style represented. We would like to run a photo contest in each section to choose a winner to have their truck in the banner on the home page.

Entries in this thread will be accepted until December 8th. After that a poll will be posted up for everyone to vote on the pictures in each section.

The rules are pretty simple and similar to the ROTM contest, except that their isn't much of a theme besides the particular body style of truck, just post up the best picture of your truck.

As always....

*ONE PICTURE ONLY!
*NO THUMBNAILS!
*The truck must be YOUR truck that YOU CURRENTLY OWN!
*NO PHOTOSHOP!
*NO BODY CHANGES!ie. head lights, grills, or bumpers from 05+, aftermarket bumpers and grilles are welcome however

With all that being said, this nomination thread is for 1999-2004 TRUCKS ONLY
Lets see some great pics folks!!

·
AMERICA!
22,936 Posts
This thread is now open.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Is a photo still usable if there is an object in the background (like a building, tree etc), or is it important that it should be just a clear shot of the truck itself without anything surrounding it?

·
AMERICA!
22,936 Posts
The background shouldn't matter, the creative team will just take the truck out of the pic and do their thing.

Reactions: Austen

·
Registered
204 Posts
Probably the only time I will ever regret doing the 05+ swap :hehe:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just post the picture in the 05 section?
I already thought of that haha, but the want only true to the era trucks in each section.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If you've got all the correct 05 stuff visible.... who cares? I don't see how it makes any difference than say a guy with an 05 that as an aftermarket mirrors, bumper or grille, since their is no stipulation against them

I mean if you were showing off the front suspension then maybe.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cant say i don't agree with you man but.....

After some convorsation we will allow 08+ mirrors, but swaps will not be allowed ie. front conversions, it must have the period correct rig, not look alikes, thanks guys and can't wait to see more rigs

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
They are going to allow 08 mirrors in the 05 section but not a 100% '05 converted truck that will look more period correct?

That make no sense to me but hey I'm just some guy

·
Registered
204 Posts
:hehe: Never thought of it like that.....whatever. Can't say that i care all that much. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
My truck isn't pretty enough to win anyway lol... In just saying it really doesn't make sense because as long as it looks like the correct generation 99% of people aren't going to know any differebt

·
Registered
842 Posts
We all have the 05+ headlights so we all disqualified hahaha

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Mines still old school style!

Reactions: firemedic933

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kause it's legit

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hmm... That was interesting for about 1 day. Maybe y'all should just copy and paste some still shots from Ford commercials over the years so they're precise to what your looking for. Wouldn't wanna represent the members or anything like that in the banner......

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm... That was interesting for about 1 day. Maybe y'all should just copy and paste some still shots from Ford commercials over the years so they're precise to what your looking for. Wouldn't wanna represent the members or anything like that in the banner......
Several members actually still have somewhat stock appearing trucks, any of you with a complete body swap are more then welcome to post your piks in the 05-07 or 08-10 threads if the swap is a complete one, as in I should not be able to find leaf springs in the pik any where near the front axle, but we are making it a visual aesthetic as to what section you are currently viewing, and we do appreciate the members, their rides, and their sharing of knowledge and pictures, were just trying to update it a little around here.

Thanks tho, :thumb:

Reactions: schlutzer

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Several members actually still have somewhat stock appearing trucks, any of you with a complete body swap are more then welcome to post your piks in the 05-07 or 08-10 threads if the swap is a complete one, as in I should not be able to find leaf springs in the pik any where near the front axle, but we are making it a visual aesthetic as to what section you are currently viewing, and we do appreciate the members, their rides, and their sharing of knowledge and pictures, were just trying to update it a little around here.

Thanks tho, :thumb:
Thats what I thought you guys would give in too ... makes so much sense

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we talked about not doing the body swaps, but then decided not to, but so many have done it, just so long as the swap is complete Jeffery and I have no issue, just don't want to be able to see it being obviously done (I.e. Leaf springs, half swaps, obvious things)

I will try and make an 05-07 thread here too for us 7.3 guys with a good swap

Reactions: schlutzer
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.