Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any newer year superduty single cab seats fit in 99-03? If so anyone have any photos of theirs done and installed

·
Registered
2001 F250 Super Duty Lariat Crew-Cab. Modifications: 5" MBRP "Off-Road" exhaust.
20 Posts
And by fit, I’m thinking, bolt in without any modifications.
I highly doubt it. Mainly because the body is probably the most noticeably altered part of the whole vehicle. Not saying that to be a smartass, I meant since the body is so visibly different, that means the vertices, surface angles, flat areas, and mounting points will most likely have to be reconfig'd. I've learned that by working with high-poly 3D models. Basically, if you have a cube, and you shorten an edge on a corner running parallel to Z axis, it has changed the geometry of 2 planes (sides) and 4 edges of that cube. I really learned my lesson after buying a gloss black '05 grille to put on my '01. I quickly found out, even though the body structure looks almost 100% identical, the '01 frt bumper pushes the '05 grille up about 2" higher. So, an '05 grille must accompany an '05 bumper assembly when switching over. That is without hacking away at the bottom of the '05 grille so it'll sit down enough to close the hood.

Anyway, I just thought of a virtually free and effective way to find out. Go to a car lot and find a newer one you like, while toting a small 10' or 15' measuring tape in your pocket. If it's unlocked, which most of them are during the daylight hours, hop in and act like you're checking it out to test drive and maybe buy. Then just nab the numbers you need before a salesman picks you up on radar and makes it over to you. That's what I'd do. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
The cab shape is pretty much unchanged from 99-16.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts