Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 97 CCSB that I recently purchased as a project. The truck has had a complete axel swap (2014) and coil overs installed prior to myself purchasing the seller said he hasn’t been able to get the truck to drive or shift properly since the swap... this includes late shifting, no Speedo movement until the truck gets past 80 km/50miles per hour.
I figured there’s something wrong with the speed sensor and I think the original sensor was put back in. After talking to the dealer looking to purchase a new one they informed me I need the VIN of the truck the axels came out of, and they didn’t know if the 2014 axel sensor would be compatible with the 97 computer system. There’s no way I’ll be able to get the VIN unless they can trace it down using the ID number on the axel.

Im looking for some advice on dealing with this issue... does anyone know if the sensors are compatible? And if not, is there an adaptor or does anyone know how to make this work? Or have any other suggestions of what could be going on?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
You might go to the forum applicable to the 2014 trucks and ask anyone if they know what kind of signal the sensor puts out. Obviously, if the sensor puts out a different type of signal than ours, that would create a problem. Just for reference, the PCM will see a frequency signal from the PSOM of 90 Hz at 40 mph or 130 Hz at 60 mph (± 2 Hz). I remember recently seeing a post of what the VSS signal is, but I can't find it now. Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the direction and advice. I was able to get ahold of the old owner and he told me he had to swap the 2014 axel out after it was installed due to the VSS being in a different spot and installed a 2000 axle instead. The problem seems to be that the VSS sensor was never changed and currently still has the 2000 sensor installed. I’m hoping this is the problem and just waiting on parts now that match my VIN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts