Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my truck starts it has a very rough idle, press the accelerator and it runs fine, no more issues until you go to start it again. When you let off of the accelerator it then idles fine too. After taking it to a diesel shop they hooked up the code reader and told me my HPOP is going out and wants $1700 to replace it. So I started reading all of the threads on HPOP, ICR, and ICP. One thread said to disconnect the ICR which I did and it still started with a rough idle. When I drove it with the ICR disconnected it was very rough driving. So I connected it back up. I don't have a code reader, not much of a mechanic, is there anything else I can do before taking it to the shop and forking over the cash?

The truck has 180000 miles, don't drive it much, it takes 10 months before I change the oil an oil change. Crazy question but could the oil be old and cause the IPR to not operate incorrectly or I'm I illogical in my thinking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
the exaust backpressure sens could be bad , outher than that it sounds like a hpop i replaced my hpop with a used 01 pump for $250

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
yea if it is a hpop just buy a used one.if you do buy a new one and install it yourself it will be much cheaper.1700 is just plain robbery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts