Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking into a banks bundle but are they really worth it? Also just thinking about throwing a Ts 6 pos, stage 2 intake, and better exhaust. Any feedback?

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
My first mod was a Banks power pack. Great fuel economy (was getting 23 MPGs freeway back then), gets you a complete IC system, and gauges. Downside is that they reuse the stock airbox (crap) and are WAY overpriced. All in all I miss driving with the Banks stuff on the truck but my current system would beat the old system.

I vote build your own setup (injectors, tunes, exhaust, intake) and you be pretty happy. Sorry not helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just installed the ts 6 stage chip in my 95 psd with a 4 inch exhaust and an intake, im very happy with the difference and the chip does alot more than i thought. my setup is
stock
high idle
50 hp
75hp
100hp
140+hp
next step is going to be some gauges!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its cool it was some help, when everything I wanna do is priced its about the same as the package so idk maybe buy the package and then a stage 2 intake. Im not sure I could afford injectors and dont really need bigger ones yet hahaha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has the ts helped milage at all? I have that first gen edge programmer and its **** always freezing. Is yours an automatic?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My first mod was a Banks power pack. Great fuel economy (was getting 23 MPGs freeway back then), gets you a complete IC system, and gauges. Downside is that they reuse the stock airbox (crap) and are WAY overpriced. All in all I miss driving with the Banks stuff on the truck but my current system would beat the old system.

I vote build your own setup (injectors, tunes, exhaust, intake) and you be pretty happy. Sorry not helpful.
What package did you buy? And what is your setup now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has the ts helped milage at all? I have that first gen edge programmer and its **** always freezing. Is yours an automatic?
I just installed it the other day and havent noticed any more gain because ive been trying to roll coal all the time haha im gonna fill her up tonight and tommorow and try and drive her calmly and see. Even with 140 mod on alot it was close to the same with me dumping coal alot.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
What package did you buy? And what is your setup now?
I cheated. Banks power was my business neighbor till the economy crash. Them he sold of all the buildings and brought everything back to his corner of Azusa/Irwindale. Now I only see Gale at our local lunch haunt once and a while. I had his top kit. Everything they make for the OBS plus. What's not included in the regular kit is the Trans temp gauge and A-Piller gauge mount so I added that in. Current setup is in my sig but I've run out of usable characters So there is a couple more mods then what's posted. :evillol:

I just installed it the other day and havent noticed any more gain because ive been trying to roll coal all the time haha im gonna fill her up tonight and tommorow and try and drive her calmly and see. Even with 140 mod on alot it was close to the same with me dumping coal alot.
Those are bad words on here. Careful what you admit and whom you admit too. :sofa:

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I got custom tunes, afe intake, 3" down pipe, no cat and 4:10's got 21 hwy with an auto, i got maybe400 invested, and its awesome

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts