Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 F350 powerstroke, the problem is at idle it will just shut off, it can run for a half hour or more and then just like someone turned off the key. I have changed the fuel filter and thought that fixed it but after driving for a while it shut off. Today started up just fine ran for 20 min then shut off. Started right up again ran for 20-30 min again then shut off. Any help ??

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
yep,i say cps,mine did that i was just driving down the road and it stumbled once,then couple minutes later it just died cold turkey.pulled off on side of the road,she fired right up like normal,died a 1/4 mile down the road again,did this for several miles.replaced the cps and bam,no problems.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got a letter from Ford today saying they are recalling my 99 powerstroke for the CPS. I just replaced it last week. They're cheap now (about $20) and very easy to change.

·
Registered
434 Posts
^^agree. check out the cps

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ford has a recall on the 1997 CPS as well. Simply call Ford, make appt. I just cahnged mine. No charge.

·
Registered
126 Posts
probably the cam sensor
i have to agree..i just traded my 97 work truck for a 08 and the 97 had 335,000 miles on it..put three alternators and 4 cam sensors on it..thats about it..other than batteries and such:icon_ford:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help, I replaced the cps yesterday and then drove it today, on a 15 min trip to the store while driving it bucked twice, kept running and drove home with no prolbem. Any ideas ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts