Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 power stroke that I bought about a month ago and I’m having problems when I first start up it will surge a couple of time then idle normal or sometimes it will start up just fine. I’ve replaced the lift pump, all hoses from the lift pump, both gas tanks, the filters in the tank, cleaned both sets of lines leading to the tanksand the return line filter at the top of the fuel bowl, icp sensor, vacuum return line sensor. I may also mention the tank was rusted out and I had rust in my fuel bowl I had to cleaned it out very theroly. Thanks and any advice or suggestions are appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Manual or Automatic? If Auto, try starting in Neutral and see if the problem goes away. If it does you may need a new transmission range sensor. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Since the PCM controls the engine and tranny, if it doesn't think it's in Park, it could affect how it's controlling the engine (that's my thought anyway). I just know this has been the case for others that have had romping at startup in the past. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the PCM controls the engine and tranny, if it doesn't think it's in Park, it could affect how it's controlling the engine (that's my thought anyway). I just know this has been the case for others that have had romping at startup in the past. Cheers!
Ok thanks man I’ll let you know what happens

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I can tell fixed everything even my shifting issues thanks man

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
That's why we're here! Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.