Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

97 Injectors

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JIMCO1958 
#1 ·
I have a 97 DRW ,auto cab and chassis. Its always had a dump body on it. I recently bought it and am going through it to use as a work truck. I am new to the site and find myself here about everyday learning all I can. And thats alot. I plan on air filter,DP and straight pipe mods right away. Then go from there as the money allows. I have read about the differant injectors, size, splitshot. How do I determine what my engine has. 97 seems to be a year of evolution? Should I take my VIN# to a dealer and have them tell me? I am not sure of any mods before I got it so that might not work. I have maint sheets for the last seven years ( was a company owned truck) and they dont list any mods. It does show injector replacement. But they didnt change them all. Why I dont know. It has 139,000 mi. on it. Also what is the stock rear end. Dana 50,60 ? or corporate? Any help would be great.

#2 ·
Rosewood DIY injectors are a good choice, you can do them yourself or send them to him. If you want to upgrade injectors to stage I or II, I would DEFINATELY put an intercooler on your truck and gauges.

I dont remember exactly whats different about our 97 injectors... so heres a bump to the top for someone who is positive about them.

#3 ·
I think the CA model trucks had split shot injectors but correct me if im wrong, cant tell you how to tell if yours is a CA model though.

#5 ·
Calif trucks had 120cc split shots (AB CODE) 49 state had single shots 90cc AA. When you raise the hood there should be a sticker that says meets calif standers.

#6 ·
Couple quick and easy ways to tell:

1) Check passenger side valve cover sticker...if its Blue, its a CA model truck truck Splits
2) You can also check the lift pump in the valley (under turbo)...If there is a black disk with "Bosch" on it hanging off the back of the pump, thats a pulse dampener for splits meaning it would be a CA truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.