Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
97 fuel pump HELP!

My pump has a flying saucer looking diaphragm on top of the fuel pump and the copper oring is bad. I know i need to replace the entire diaphragm but what is it exactly called? :dunno: i need to know so i can order it! haha... also, i've been told that i should just upgrade the entire fuel pump to one from a 99 because it doesn't have this diaphragm. anyone heard of this or done it??

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Diaphram (look like star ship enterprise) is a pulse dampener. Your truck is a CA model truck...It has split shot injectors which require a pulse dampener on the pump to dampen the fuel pulses of the mechanical lift pump.

In order to upgrade to a 99+ electric pump you will also need to replace the filtration system. Many have done this by gathering their own parts but there are also kits out there such as one you can find at Beans Diesel Performance

Hope that helps!

-Casey

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a bunch.. i'm just going to replace that piece for now

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
small town near livermore/pleasanton... probably never heard of it but it's Sunol... right in between pleasanton and fremont....

·
Registered
353 Posts
I know exactly where you are....Originally from Fremont...Moved to Danville during elementary school...Work at construction company in Dublin while finishing up school at Chico State. I'll be down in Danville for the weekend this Friday...Would love to check out your stacks if you are around sometime....i've been on the edge for about 3 years... :tard:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet... i'm moving to davis this summer for school, after 3 years at las positas in livermore i'm definitely ready to get out!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah I hear ya...

Shoot me a PM or somethin if you are going to be around, maybe we can grab a burger

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i'll be around for sure... gonna be pecking around on my truck most likely.. i'll send you a pm later this week

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya... it'll be nice to check out another 97 rig!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts