Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 CCLB, I haven't done any brake work on it, only thing I've done is top off the brake fluid to see if that would shut off the brake warning light. That light turned on and off periodically as I was driving, sometimes it would just flicker like it was trying to shut off. Most recently, I ended up having to drive through a pasture area that was quite muddy. Needless to say I had to try the 4X4 to get around. As I was leaving the ABS light came on and hasn't shut off since. Is there mud somewhere that could be causing this and what causes the brake warning light to come on like that? All the help is appreciated.
Andy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still have lights on, ABS light turns on 2 seconds after truck is started. Any advice would help.

·
Banned
46 Posts
the third brake light, bad light or your running a led light maybe? i run a led third brake light in my three osd's and all three had a abs light come on take them off and they went out? idk if it helps you any. thanks calvin

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked my taillights this morning, both work. My 3rd tail had no bulb in it so I put one in, didn't fix it. Worth a shot I guess, thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WAS A CRACKED BRAKE LINE GOING TO THE REAR, THE ONE BETWEEN THE FRAME AND THE FUEL TANK. ALL FIXED UP NOW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts