Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, here's the link to my previous post...a bit long, thanks for your patience.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/94...op-replaced-all-injectors-still-quitting.html

Am now in a BAR(Bureau of Automotive Repair) dispute w/independent shop that installed injectors unnecessarily. Truck still didn't run after installation. BAR report has ruled in my favor so may get my $ back. BUT...had truck towed to local Ford dealer. They diagnose bad front and back sending units, which they describe as having mini fuel pumps in them? Front was at 55 psi, back at 10 psi. They replace sending units ($1700), I pick up truck. As soon as I put fuel in it, the front tank starts spilling fuel like crazy. Ford states that the locking ring was bad on front unit. Replaces. Pick up truck, load with horse feed (about 1000 lbs) truck quits 10 miles out, conks out, no power etc. We get it to restart but it is running really rough, searches for idle when started, revving unevenly. Return truck to dealer. THEY CANNOT FIND THE PROBLEM. No codes, nothing. The service dude even drove it home (30 miles) and back to shop. I pick up the truck, drive it for awhile, sure enough, starts running rough. When I start it, it acts like it doesn't want to turn over, then catches, revs twice (from 500-1000) then settles. It doesn't feel like I'm getting the proper power up the hills.

Want to mention that the independent shop had installed a new FASS fuel pump, fuel filter, and water separator back in September. Seems like the FASS pump is whining a bit louder than it was initially? Haven't been able to drive my truck in a month so maybe it's my imagination.

Sorry about the lack of correct terminology, I'm just a cowgirl trying to drive her truck. Don't know as much about them as I do horses. Really appreciate any help as I need a final (and correct !) diagnosis from the dealer to complete my lawsuit against the independent shop that didn't know what they were doing ($4300 for new injectors and the truck dies 1/2 mile from the shop!). Not sure the dealer knows what they are doing either!

Many thanks to you all simply for your time to read this lengthy post. Jennifer:)

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,654 Posts
um we dont have sending units in the tank? we have a mechanical pump in the valley of the motor. It seems like its electronically as its a wildly varying issue. Lets start simple. Crank Position Sensor. If that doesnt help then maybe try to find a friend locally with an IDM or PCM you can borrow that will match your truck (IDM is any 7.3...PCM is any OBS thats your trans)

·
Registered
10 Posts
sounds like the idm i had the same problem with my 97 see my replie in your previous post. Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts