Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. here is the code and here is what went into the fix ...
found code 1661 after truck left me stranded . i had a terrible time trying to find anyone who ever saw this before but i did find one his turned out to be ipr so i changed ipr 200$... no start... unpluged icp still no start so i checked presure at icp and only got 200 psi ordered hpop 400$ then it hit me check for 12 volts at ipr . it should show a ground on 1 lead and 12 volts on other with key on. i did not have voltage tracked wire found where it was burned in two spliced it temporarily and fired right up then died unpluged icp started and ran great with check engine lite on so i replaced icp173$:woot:( i believe i damaged it removeing to check presure as you couldn't hardly get a wrench on it ,not the case with the new one from ford ) seems fixed now i ordered a new plug and pigtail for ipr 20$ witch is most likely all i needed to begin with have not recieved hpop yet(luckily) witch will be returned . the moral to this story i learned a ton about my truck engine had a great time ripping up the street on the test run afterwards .knowledge isn't free even with the help of the great people on this site thank you for every one's help shawn rocksprings wyoming 307-315-3966

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Is it a factory 15* hpop or a 17* glad you got it fixed btw. Thanks for passing the knowledge

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Shoulda just upgraded since you were planning on replacing, good that you got it fixed decently with out to many big money parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts