Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using 8 quarts of oil for 80 miles. Runs perfect until it gets to 8 quarts low. No sign of leaks. Very little blue smoke at idle. No smoke while driving.
Oil pressure gauge does not change. Looses power, very rough. First time took it to dealership, they simply said low on oil. I use it very little so it took several weeks for the problem to reoccur. Again low on oil. Filled it up with oil and went to pick up an RV and the problem reoccurred at the 80 mile mark. Again out of oil. Engine only has 144,000 miles on it. Can someone help here??

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
injector orings...sounds like your trucks running on oil and enjoying it haha.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
:agree: The oil has to be going somewhere and if it's not leaking then my bet would be burning.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
8 quarts every 80 miles?!?! WHAT THE HELL? it must be POURING out! thats 40MPG, just on engine oil!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Owner update from Ford

Dealership says oil must be passing by the O rings. Estimated cost to be around $1600. Does that sound about right? A local diesel shop said it would cost around $300. This large discrepancy has me confused. Am I getting gouged by Ford or does my local diesel shop not know what they are talking about?

·
Registered
27 Posts
you should be able to get the parts from the auto parts store for about 125 bucks. its not a very difficult task to do. I did it on my 01 f-350 for about 125 and only took about 5 hours to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts