Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just had a new fuel tank and a new fuel pump put in. Soo here is the story... I started my truck in the morning everything ran great. No problems. I did some things and then had to go to the store. I came out of the store and the truck wouldn't start... Well it would start but it would immediately die.. I would wait for the glow plugs to warm up then turn the key. Would start then getting to about 500 rpm would shut off... So I had my friend pick me up and I went and got a new fuel filter. I put it in and started right up no problems... I figured I fixed the problem... 40 min later I shut the truck off. I went back out to the truck and it wouldn't start again. What could this be? It seems like its not getting fuel. But it ran fine after I replace the filter... Then I shut it off and gave me the same problem... By this point i figured maybe i got some dirty fuel maybe the filter is dirty again. checked the filter and of course its still clean. Can someone help me figure this problem out. I just paid $2500 for have a whole bunch of work done to it and I dont have the money to bring it to a shop and have them fix it soo I am going to have to do it myself.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
cps sensor,its like 25 bucks,try that.mine would die,startr back up fine drive for 10 miles then die again,start right up every time.thats what i would do.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Is it full of oil? Try checking the fuel pressure also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts