Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I am trying to figure out how to get an extra couple inches of clearance in the front wheel well of this truck to accommodate the 285/75/16's that are on it. Or find a different bumper that doesn't wrap around.

Longer version: They are hand-me-downs from my old (exact same year/make/model) truck that was totaled by a careless driver. The problem is the bumper is too close on this one. For the moment I've pulled the bumper forward, but that was just to get it where I could drive home. Every place I've called says there's nothing for it, get a different set up. I can't afford another couple thousand to get new tires/wheels again. I'm having trouble believing no one has successfully done this mod before.

ANY/ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED!!

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Long story short, I am trying to figure out how to get an extra couple inches of clearance in the front wheel well of this truck to accommodate the 285/75/16's that are on it. Or find a different bumper that doesn't wrap around.

Longer version: They are hand-me-downs from my old (exact same year/make/model) truck that was totaled by a careless driver. The problem is the bumper is too close on this one. For the moment I've pulled the bumper forward, but that was just to get it where I could drive home. Every place I've called says there's nothing for it, get a different set up. I can't afford another couple thousand to get new tires/wheels again. I'm having trouble believing no one has successfully done this mod before.

ANY/ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED!!

Without making your own add a leaf there is one company here that makes a 1.5in kit.

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/search_by_vehicle/ford/f250/1996?&category=leveling-kits

tough country for $165 shipped.

Crud sorry it says 4x4 not 2wd .

·
Registered
555 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts