Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Im working on my friend's truck currently. Its a 1996 f250 7.3 dit. He was driving down the road, the truck was running perfect, then out of no where it started missing. I ran a KOEO test "Buzz Test" which came up with P0276 Cylinder 6 injector circuit low. I ran a KOER test for a contribution test. It came back with cylinder 2-4-6-8 contribution balance or malfunction. I have changed out his CPS as it was the old style sensor, He had melted connections on the right bank, So i replaced the under valve cover connections, valve cover gasket and harness connection on outside of valve cover. I removed the left valve cover to gain access to the left bank(cylinder 2-4-6-8), There was no chaffing or burned wires on the harness, All of the injectors are in real good condition. I have checked the ICP for any oil in the connector. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!!

-Tom-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possible, Not getting any hard dtc's for IDM failure. Actually the only hard dtc im getting is "49 state emissions"...I know the last truck I worked one that had a similar issue, It was a bad IPR. I just dont want to throw parts at this truck and hope for the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts