Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 95 PSD 4X2 5SP with: Banks powerpack, Baby swamp injectors, ATS flywheel and single disk clutch, and an Edge product. Want to upgrade the fuel system and turbo to match above upgrades. Want to stay below 40psi with quick spool. Factory turbo currently hits 28psi no prob but want more. Current dyno is 325/685 and gets great mileage at 70+ and pisses off gassers and other factory NEW diesels at any MPH. Looking at an ATS 2000 or a kasb. any help.
troy

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Why not try a D66 from beansdieselperformance.com? What injectors do you have? Where did you dyno?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
before upgrading the turbo I would toss the edge tuner and get a custom chip burned to match your injectors. Tony woldman would have the best one for your truck.

as far as turbo upgrades the only direct replacement turbo for the 94-97 powerstrokes is the D66 (dominator 66mm) turbo from Beans Diesel Performance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95 upgrades

thanks for the replies. First ive heard of the D66 and have done a lot of research. My injectors are the stage I's from Swamps diesel in Tn. I think they are 154/146. The edge module is the one hooked on top of the motor. I cant remember the exact name but its not a power module. It really helped smooth out the fuel though. I had it dynoed with and without it and the hp went up 25 with and no tq changes.

I took my truck to a guy in Trussville, Al that owns an express lube shop and does a lot of work with SpeedSouth in Pelham to get it dynoed. I think it was a mustang dyno but not sure.

Ive had the Banks system for three years and the injectors done last year. Really enjoy the performance. Its a daily driven work truck but needs more air and a refined fuel delivery system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Big K, looking forward to the turbo, chip upgrade and fuel system. Any word on the new DPP stealth oil pump. That is probably the only other upgrade I will do to the motor and well see how long she lasts.

Can I put a ZF 6sp in place of the 5sp. Not important but curious.

Thanks again for all.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
An ATS is way overpriced and you will need to swap it over to the superduty setup.

A KASB is WAY too large of a turbo for your injectors but it will work however it will be a dog. Plus you have to install a H2E mounting kit and the cowl will probably need to be smashed up to clear this turbo, it is very large.

I think a D66 would be a perfect fit. I ran it with stock injectors and it was awesome. It has a 1.0 exhaust housing on it and it is good for 40psi of boost. Plus, it is a direct bolt on to your truck, no modifications at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pretty much sold on the D66. dont want to get to crazy with this motor. i have 320 plus and she runs like a champ and going to see how far she can go.

which is the best bypass oil filter. ive seen the amsoil and FS2500. looking for most economical but useful

what about an airdog fuel system.

need better gauges. my pyro bounces around from Banks. I have to clean the soot to get accurate readings. anyone make dash mount gauge pods for OBS. I have the three pillar but need to add some.
thanks all

·
Registered
888 Posts
what about an airdog fuel system.
Airdog is for 99+ Trucks, Get a Fuel System from Bean's or the new one from DieselSite ;)

need better gauges. my pyro bounces around from Banks. I have to clean the soot to get accurate readings. anyone make dash mount gauge pods for OBS. I have the three pillar but need to add some.
thanks all
Yes, there is a dash mouth gauge pod for the OBS. Autometer makes them :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
checked out the Diesel Site fuel systems and sounds impressive with the HPOP. Anyone running this system and is it as good as it sounds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts